Gerrans Parish Heritage & Information Centre
The Old Forge, Tregassick Road, Gerrans, Cornwall.



   

The old forge, built in the 1790s, was in the continued occupation of one family - the Pearces. They operated here until 1966, after which time it was converted for use as an artist's studio.

The Heritage and Information Centre opened in 2004. In addition to the permanent exhibition, specific exhibits will be set-up on an annual basis.   

The history of the parish is illustrated with displays depicting Farming through the Ages, the Fishing Industry, Education, Domesday Book entries, the Manors, World Wars, Coastguards, Churches, Chapels and much more. Illustrated by photographs, tithe maps, documents, parish records and other artefacts.

For those with an interest in family history there is a database containing the baptisms/christenings, marriages and deaths/burials of more than 11,500 parishioners. Indexes are also available for St Gerrans and St Anthony parishes covering, marriages, burials and a churchyard plan. The 1841 - 1901 census has also been indexed. 



The Heritage Centre is on Tregassick Road, 50 metres south of St Gerrans Church. There is ample free car parking within 200 metres.  

Open Daily
(not Sundays)
April 2nd to April 11th &April 29th to October 30th
2.00 pm to 4.00 pm

May 20th to September 28th (not Saturdays)
11.00 am to 1.00 pm

 * Details of Local Services and Accommodation are available*

* The computer may be used for scanning, copying and email*